Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Daily Pro Tip Alternative to Febreze

Let me be the first to say I'm a fan of Febreze, I'm pretty sure I can thank Febreze for every date I went on during my college days.



That being said, we're in a recession.  Not everyone can afford the cost of Febreze.  This Daily Pro Tip is designed to save you $7 per bottle that they charge for these basic ingrediants...

What You Need:
1/3 cup White Vinegar
1/2 cup Liquid Fabric Softener
3 cups Water
Spray Bottle

Combine all ingredients in the spray bottle and shake!

Vinegar is a great deodorizer, use more or less depending on your needs and don't worry the vinegary smell dissipates very quickly leaving nothing but the nice fabric softener scent.

63 comments:

  1. Thank goodness. Fabreze works well but damn it's expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post i'll definitely try it

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think I pay for this stuff... thanks man, definitely gonna follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a useful blog indeed. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tips mate :D check out my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vinegar? Really? I was always told to just use distilled water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it really that much fabric softner? That seems like quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is actually pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been using a similar recipe with distilled water instead of vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To expensive for us, poor students.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to try this. Febreeze is too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's pretty handy! =D Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice tip. I have tip for you too.
    After you clean out your very dirty and smelly microwave, take a glass of water and squirt a bit of lemonjuice in it. It'll make it smell lemony :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds good but im too lazy lol. think ill just spend the $7

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol I just wash my clothes????

    ReplyDelete
  16. i agree with gary, or leave it smelling gross... ill get use to it :PP

    ReplyDelete
  17. I only need the spray bottle, where's one when you need it? heh

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great! I'll definitely be following.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, i'll try it out to see if that works!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Febreez is expensive! Great post! Thanks for checking out my blog too. More butts and such up if you like

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is great! Im a smelly man. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. no way am I making my own febreze.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I drink Febreze to clean my insides. Smells Good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like it.. cheap, effective.. and it wil ltarget the younger consumer's out there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha, gota love anything that can save you money

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice tip! Gonna try this when i get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  27. dude !!! This actually work !!! I've already said it but I'm gonna repeat that I just love you blog ! really lots of useful tips !

    ReplyDelete
  28. hahahah im not even kidding this is what my momma does :P

    ReplyDelete
  29. too bad we don't get febreze here. we've got something similr though.

    ReplyDelete
  30. "vinegar" - somehow this sounds like a bad idea :p

    ReplyDelete
  31. thanks for the tip.
    Follow, click, and f5!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. THIS. IS. AMAZING!
    I'm doing this from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your last post about rice krispy treats almost made me cream myself. those things are bomb. And I love the advise in this post. Baking soda is also a good fridge deodorizer

    ReplyDelete
  34. excellent tip ... even I can do that

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow, amazing! thanks dude :D

    ReplyDelete
  36. you just saved me an unkown amount of money.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Killer tip! Great for students!

    ReplyDelete
  38. definitely gonna try, this could save me a fortune each month.

    ReplyDelete
  39. great tip! my couch could use some gonna try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is really useful, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete